This website is dedicated to helping you heal from burnout. The reason is simple. I have experienced it myself. I went through burnout for several years, was diagnosed with it in 2016 and it took me two years to get through it. How to heal from burnout is not always easy, but in 2018 I achieved just that.
You are not Alone
The journey taught me a lot about myself, others, causes, symptoms, and ultimately what healing methods worked and what didn’t. Although burnout is so common nowadays, it is still misunderstood, which is why people who suffer burnout often find little to no comprehension from colleagues, acquaintances, and perhaps even some friends.
Going through a rough patch can sometimes be a lonely road, and in this article I would like to sum up all the help and tips I have shared over the last months, so that you can find your own way to heal.
We are all different, of course, but in general, the methods I used worked for me and I am confident that they will also work for you, or at least make a difference.
I just want to add a quick disclaimer here. I am not a doctor or a nurse, and I am no mental health worker. Before suffering burnout I was like most people who had not gone through it. I didn’t understand it and I had no idea what it was like for someone who was burned out. When it happened to me, though, I learned.
I learned the hard way and there were many lessons I could have done without, but I believe that bad experiences can be used for good. That is why I created this website, to use my experiences to help others.
Perhaps Some Things do Indeed Happen for a Reason
I think that this is the best way to use negative experiences, turning them into something that can be useful, make them a positive, so that they can serve others.
If you are here, because you are looking for ways to heal from burnout, I hope that the following articles will provide some guidance and understanding. If you would like to read one of the following texts, just click on the title in bold, and a new window will open, so that you do not lose this page.
Road of Recovery – List of Articles to Help Heal From Burnout
- How to Heal From Burnout – Here I mention several steps you can take to start your healing journey
- How to Keep Stress Under Control – In this article I talk about how to handle stress when you are going through burnout. Stress is the one thing we must avoid, but that isn’t always easy in this hectic life we lead. So, here I share a few tips how to deal with that.
- How to Deal with a Burnout – Symptoms and Solutions – this blog post covers more tips and advice on how to get through burnout.
- How to Prevent Burnout at Work – The workplace can often be a cause (but not the only cause) for burnout. Here are some techniques you can use to avoid burnout at work.
- Emotional Burnout Recovery – Long term Consequences of Child Abuse – As I mentioned in point 4, many other events and situations can lead to burnout, and child abuse that goes on for years on end is certainly one of them.
- How to Have Self Love, part 1
- How to Find Self Love, part 2 – These two articles cover self-love and our relationships with ourselves, another very important topic we should cover to heal from burnout.
- High School Burnout – How do You Fix This? – Schools have turned into stressful environments and with full schedules of extracurricular activities, and enormous pressure to achieve excellent grades, many students are prone to suffer burnout. As a teacher in junior high and high school, I have often seen it.
- Top 5 Meditation Apps That Help You Relax – Meditation is a wonderful tool to help you relax and find inner peace. These apps are all great to help you do that, and each single one was developed to fit with customers’ personal lifestyles and preferences. Some of these apps are free. I am also using one of them.
- How Does Self Love Help? Part 3 – This article concludes the series about self-love.
- 11 Jobs With High Burnout Rates – I wrote this blog post as an informational article. There are obviously many more jobs that have high burnout rates, but these are the top 11. Could yours be among them?
- Don’t Push Yourself – I think the title says it all 😉
- To See or Not to See a Therapist – To heal from burnout, we need to work on ourselves, and this is why I hope my articles will help. A therapist, however, is also necessary, especially if you find yourself trying to evade this dark tidal wave alone. Somehow, society still relates receiving treatment with a psychologist to “being crazy”, but it is far from that. It’s a therapist’s job to help you. He/she was trained for that and is qualified to help you heal from burnout. There is nothing wrong with getting help, right?
- How to Get Over Burnout – a Checklist – With these printable checklists (what to do and what not to do) I conclude the series which I called Road of Recovery, because healing from burnout is a journey, and a journey takes time. I thought that having a printed checklist in your pocket or taped to your mirror or door can also be helpful, a constant reminder of what we need to avoid, do, and work on.
When I went through burnout, I had a hard time finding understanding with others, and my healing journey was done alone, and – for a while – with the help of a therapist. That was my main inspiration for sharing these tips on my website, to not let you do this alone.
If you have any doubts or questions, you want to have a listening ear, or you would like to share your experience here, please let me know in the comments. I will be happy to reply and help.
Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer: As an Amazon associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases via the links I provide in this article, at no extra cost to you. This helps me maintain my website.